Ever since I posted this photo on Instagram, people have been asking me about these oatmeal bars and how to make’em
These bars are healthy and tasty. When I say semi sweet, I mean sugar free. When I say sugar free, I mean substituting it with honey. These home made bars will have you hooked.
Oats- 1 cup
Raisins- 1/4 cup
Dried cherries- 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts- 1/2 cup
Almonds- 1/2 cup
Walnuts- 1 cup
Dessicated Coconut- 1/2 cup
Flax seeds- 2 tbsp
Milk- 1 cup
Honey- 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Chop the nuts into small pieces
- Combine all the dry ingredients together, leaving aside some of the coconut for later.
- Add in milk. It’s best to add it incrementally, half a cup at a time so it doesn’t become too much. You could skip the rest if you think it’s enough.
- Add honey. Mix the whole mixture thoroughly. You want the honey to reach all parts of the mix and bind the whole thing together.
- Taste the mix just a tiny bit. Add more honey if you’d like.
- Get a large pizza dish or bigger if you are making more.
- Line it with butter and a baking sheet.
- Transfer the mix into the dish. Really pushing it down and ensuring its flat.
- Sprinkle the remains of Dessicated coconut on top of the set bar mix.
- Place the dish in the oven, bringing the heat down to 120-125°C. You could adjust later as the mix starts changing color.
- Leave it to bake for 15-20 mins. Make sure you keep a good eye. Change sides if you feel the need to.
- Take out the dish when the mix has turned golden brown and is crispy from the top.
- Check if the bottom part os cooked too. If not, leave it in for 5 more minutes, this time, switching on just the bottom grill.
- Cut into pieces while the mixture is still hot. But leave it on the tray or they might break.
- Store in an air tight container for about 10 to 15 days.
- Makes 12-15 pieces
- You could totally skip ingredients if you are allergic/not okay with them in general.
- You could alter the quantity of the ingredients as per your preference.
Here you are guys!
These oatmeal bars are not only super healthy, but also super easy to make. I would love for you to try this out and let me know how it worked out for you.